Why wasn’t my garbage/recycling picked up?
- Were your cans, bags or bundles placed at the curbside by 8:00 AM on the assigned collection day (Tuesday for recycling)?
- Does your can, bag or bundle weigh more than 33 lbs (15 kg)?
- Do you have more than two receptacles without bag tags? Are your bag tags affixed to the bag so they can be seen by the collector?
- Are your recycling items contaminated or do you have items that cannot be recycled mixed in?
- Dirty items or garbage will not be collected with recycling.
- Are any cardboard boxes broken down and neatly bundled within the size requirements?
- Have animals destroyed your bags?
Landfill & Transfer Station
The Town of Atikokan owns and maintains a landfill site located on Pipeline Road, approximately 18 km from Town and a Transfer Station located on Highway 622.
Using the Transfer Station
The transfer station will accept almost all household waste.
Pull up to the transfer station and proceed to the landfill attendant, they will collect your token and direct you where to dump. If you are dumping material that does not require a token, you will still need to see the attendant so they may inspect your load and direct you.
For most household waste, the attendant will direct you to the transfer bins. Simply back up the ramp to the large yellow bin and unload your waste.
Using the Pipeline Road Landfill
Large construction/demolition projects should be brought to the Pipeline Road Landfill. Large loads of waste may also be directed to the Pipeline Road Landfill by the Transfer Station Attendant. The landfill is unmanned, to dump there first report to the Transfer Station during operating hours and see the Transfer Station Attendant who will inspect your load and sign you out a key.
Tipping Fees (link to Fees page)
Hours of Operation
Tuesday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Friday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Station is closed on the following statutory holidays:
New Year’s Day