Why wasn’t my garbage/recycling picked up?
- Were your cans, bags or bundles placed at the curbside by 7:00 AM on the assigned collection day (Tuesday for recycling)?
- Does your can, bag or bundle weigh more than 33 lbs (15 kg)?
- Do you have more than two receptacles without bag tags? Are your bag tags affixed to the bag so they can be seen by the collector?
- Are your recycling items contaminated or do you have items that cannot be recycled mixed in?
- Dirty items or garbage will not be collected with recycling.
- Are any cardboard boxes broken down and neatly bundled within the size requirements?
- Have animals destroyed your bags
If your garbage/recycling was properly prepared for collection and still was not picked up or you have questions regarding your waste collection, please contact email@example.com or call (807) 597-1234 ext. 236.
Landfill & Transfer Station
The Town of Atikokan owns and maintains a landfill site located on Pipeline Road, approximately 18 km from Town and a Transfer Station located on Highway 622.
Using the Transfer Station
The transfer station will accept small loads of household waste. Recycling, brush and scrap metal are accepted free of charge. If your load is too large, the Transfer Station attendant will direct you to the Pipeline Road Landfill.
Pull up to the transfer station and proceed to the landfill attendant, they will collect your token and direct you where to dump. If you are dumping material that does not require a token, you will still need to see the attendant so they may inspect your load and direct you.
For most household waste, the attendant will direct you to the transfer bins. Simply back up the ramp to the large yellow bin and unload your waste.
Hazardous waste materials (including light bulbs, batteries, hazardous liquids, etc.) will not be accepted at the Transfer Station or Landfill.
Using the Pipeline Road Landfill
Large items, full truck loads, construction/demolition projects and full trailer loads will be directed to the Pipeline Road Landfill. The landfill is unmanned, to access the landfill, first report to the Transfer Station during operating hours and see the Transfer Station Attendant who will take your dump token, inspect your load and sign you out a key.
Please note, Pipeline Road Landfill keys will not be issued within the last hour of the Transfer Station closing.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Friday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Pipeline Road Landfill
Tuesday – Friday: 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You must attend the Transfer Station before proceeding to the landfill
The Transfer Station and Landfill are closed on the following statutory holidays:
New Year’s Day
New Year’s Eve