Office: 120 Marks Street, Box# 1330 Atikokan / ON P0T 1C0

When are Town Council meetings held?

Committee-of-the-Whole meetings are held on the first and third Monday of every month at 4:00 p.m. Council meets in Regular session on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m.

How do I file a citizen request?

Citizen requests can be submitted for a variety of issues, including by-law enforcement, property standards or requests to Public Works. Citizen Requests can be submitted here or by visiting the Atikokan Municipal Office.


How do I pay my Property Tax or Water/Sewer bill?

You can pay your Property Tax or Water/Sewer bill in a number of ways, including by mail, in person at the Atikokan Municipal Office, through pre-authorized payment, or online with your financial institution. For more information on Property Tax, please click here. For more information on Water/Sewer, please click here.

I just bought/sold a house in Atikokan, what do I need to do?

When you purchase or sell a house, there is no need to contact the Municipal Office. We receive all information required to transfer the ownership of the property in our system and the tax and water bills from MPAC. You will still need to contact utility companies such as Enbridge (natural gas) and Atikokan Hydro (electricity) to set up/close your account.

When is my garbage day?

Your garbage day is determined by what area of Town you live in, please see the Garbage Collection Schedule.

When is recycling day?

Recycling is collected on Tuesday. All garbage and recycling must be placed at the pick-up point by 8:00 AM.

Why wasn't my garbage/recycling picked up?

Were your cans, bags or bundles placed at the curbside by 8:00 AM on the assigned collection day (Tuesday for recycling)?
Does your can, bag or bundle weigh more than 33 lbs (15 kg)?
Do you have more than two receptacles without bag tags? Are your bag tags affixed to the bag so they can be seen by the collector?
Are your recycling items contaminated or do you have items that cannot be recycled mixed in? Dirty items or garbage will not be collected with recycling.
Are any cardboard boxes broken down and neatly bundled within the size requirements?
Have animals destroyed your bags?

Where is the transfer station?

The Transfer Station is located on Highway 622, approximately 1km from the Bunnell Park entrance/Sliding Hill.

What are the transfer station hours?

Hours of Operation
Monday: Closed
Tuesday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Friday: 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

The Transfer Station is closed on the following statutory holidays:

New Year’s Day
Good Friday
Easter Sunday
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day
Boxing Day
Canada Day

How do I get a key for the landfill?

Keys for the Pipeline Road Landfill site can be signed out from the Transfer Station attendant during regular operating hours.

What is the pool/arena schedule?

For the most current schedule please click here.

When do I need a building permit?

Under the Ontario Building Code Act, a building permit is generally not required for the construction of any structure under 10 sq. m. (108 sq. ft.) in area so long as there is already a primary use structure on the property  (i.e a residential dwelling must be constructed before accessory structures are permitted), however it is always encouraged to contact the Building Department to ensure that the proposed construction is permitted before work begins. For more information, please click here.

Do I need to license my dog/cat?

Every owner of a dog or cat must purchase a tag and register their animal on or before February 1st of each year, or within 8 weeks of the time they become the owner of a new dog or cat. Tags can be purchased at Town Hall. For more information please click here