Office: 120 Marks Street, Box# 1330 Atikokan / ON P0T 1C0


Voyent Alert System

The Town of Atikokan has partnered with Voyent Alert! Notification Service to keep you informed during emergencies and day-to-day operations that effect residents. The service is FREE, easy to use, anonymous, and is 100% managed by the Town’s emergency staff. Voyent Alert! Public Portal

Read More


Council & Committee of the Whole Meetings

Committee of the Whole meetings are held on the second and fourth Monday of the month, with Council meetings immediately following. Agendas can be viewed through the Town's iCompass Portal here. If you'd like to request a copy of the agenda before the meeting, please contact the Clerk's Department.

Read More


Pedestrian Bridges

The two pedestrian bridges located between Maple Crescent and the Library and Main Street and Legion Point are now CLOSED.  Legion Point can still be accessed via River Road off Maple Crescent. During the Town’s bi-annual bridge inspection, these bridges were deemed to be at the end of their life

Read More


Town Facility Phone Service

Phone service is down at the Atikokan Municipal Office. Please stop in to the Municipal Office located at 120 Marks Street or email for service. The Municipal Emergency Control Group met on July 9th to discuss the service outage, to read their statement please click here.

Read More


Summer Activities!

Summer is finally here and school's out! To celebrate, the Community Services Department has expanded programming at the Recreation and Wellness Centre, to learn more, click here.

Read More

Popular Resources

Find the resources
you need at a glance.

The Town of Atikokan’s staff are committed to serving the residents of Atikokan. If you have a question or concern regarding Town services, please visit these commonly requested resources, the FAQ page or use the Staff Directory to reach out to a staff member who can help.

Learn More

I Want To...

Apply for a building permit

Before you build or renovate your property, you should always speak with the Town of Atikokan Building Department to determine the required permits. Building permits are issued by the Building Department through the Office of the Chief Building Official. For more information, please click here.

Apply for a fire permit

There are now two ways to apply for a burn permit:

  1. Online via
    Apply for your permit using the secure, online portal linked above. After completing your application and paying the required fee (in person at Town Hall or via etransfer to, your application is submitted electronically and you will receive notification (text, email or phone) when your application is processed.
  2. In person at the Atikokan Municipal Office
    Complete an application and submit it to the Atikokan Municipal Office. Please be advised that burn permit applications are subject to approval and may take up to 24 hours depending on staff availability.
Apply for a lottery licence

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulates lottery licences in Ontario. The Clerk’s Department issues licenses to eligible organizations in accordance with AGCO guidelines. For more information or to apply for a lottery licence, please contact the Clerk’s Department.

Apply for a marriage licence

The Clerk’s Department is responsible for issuing marriage licences. A marriage licence issued by us is valid for a period of ninety days after issue and only valid in Ontario. To apply for a marriage licence, please contact the Clerk’s Department to schedule an appointment and review the requirements for a licence here.

Pay a bill

There are a number of ways you can pay a bill from the Town of Atikokan, including by mail, at Town Hall, pre-authorized payment, e-transfer or through your financial institution. For more information please click here.

Make a presentation to council

Atikokan Town Council welcomes presentations from members of the public regarding matters that concern them, however, you may only address Council if you have been added to the agenda as a delegation. To submit a delegation request, please review the information here and submit a delegation request form to the Clerk’s Department.

File a citizen request

Residents can file a citizen request for a variety of issues, including by-law enforcement, property standards or requests to Public Works. Citizen Requests can be submitted here or by visiting the Atikokan Municipal Office.

Work for the Town of Atikokan

The Town of Atikokan is committed to building a quality workforce so that we can deliver exceptional services to residents and visitors. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. To view current employment opportunities, please click here.